List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 26 1999 3:58pm
Subject:TIMESTAMP Updation: more....
View as plain text
>>>>> "Surat" == Surat Singh Bhati <surat@stripped> writes:

Surat> Hi ,
Surat>    When I try to set value of a time stamp field , it change to
Surat> value of minutes to -30, but if I not change it explictly , and
Surat> let the mysql do it for me, it works fine:

Surat> If following example pleasee see the MM digits of TIMESTAMP.

mysql> select now()+0;
Surat> +----------------+
Surat> | now()+0        |
Surat> +----------------+
Surat> | 19990926184714 |
Surat> +----------------+
Surat> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> update globalinfo set boltime=now()+0;
Surat> Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
Surat> Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 0

mysql> select  boltime from globalinfo;
Surat> +----------------+
Surat> | boltime        |
Surat> +----------------+
Surat> | 19990926181723 |
Surat> +----------------+
Surat> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> update globalinfo set extra1='test';
Surat> Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)
Surat> Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 0

mysql> select  boltime from globalinfo;
Surat> +----------------+
Surat> | boltime        |
Surat> +----------------+
Surat> | 19990926184737 |
Surat> +----------------+
Surat> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Surat> -Surat Singh

Hi!

Is you familiar with gdb debugging?  If yes, can you compile MySQL
with debugging and set a breakpoint at 'sql/my_gmt_sec' and try to
find out why the explicit time setting doesn't work.  If
'localtime_r()' returns the right value, it should work.

Regards,
Monty

Thread
TIMESTAMP Updation: more....Surat Singh Bhati26 Sep
  • TIMESTAMP Updation: more....Michael Widenius26 Sep