List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Charles Kirby Date:April 5 1999 8:24pm
Subject:Re: [MySQL] linker prolblem
View as plain text
On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Ray Yous wrote:
> System: FreeBSD 4.X
> Architecture: Intel hardware I guess which the ISP may be using
> Some paths:
>              header files   /usr/local/include/mysql
>              Lib files      /usr/local/lib/mysql
> gcc version 2.7.2.3

<stuff deleted>

> $ gcc -I/usr/local/include/mysql program.c -L/usr/local/lib/mysql
> -lmysqlclient -o program
> /var/tmp/ccXW16381.o: Undefined symbol `_mysql_init' referenced from
> text segment

This may not be connected, but I did have to reference
"-I/usr/local/mysql" for libraries at one point.  In fact, I also at one
point simply set a soft link in /usr/local/lib/mysql to point back at
/usr/local/msyql so the compilation could find appropriate files.

ck

Thread
[MySQL] linker prolblemRay Yous5 Apr
  • Re: [MySQL] linker prolblemCharles Kirby5 Apr
  • [MySQL] linker prolblemMichael Widenius6 Apr