List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 26 1999 12:31pm
Subject:Where is the configure file?
View as plain text

Joe> SEND-PR: -*- send-pr -*-
Joe> SEND-PR: Lines starting with `SEND-PR' will be removed automatically, as
Joe> SEND-PR: will all comments (text enclosed in `<' and `>').
Joe> SEND-PR:
Joe> From: stadiumd
Joe> To: mysql@stripped
Joe> Subject: [50 character or so descriptive subject here (for reference)]

Joe> 	The manual says to run the configure file, but it does not exist.
Joe> 	I copied my-example.cnf to a file named configure and moved
Joe> 	it to the bin directory. Then tried running configure  with the --help
Joe> 	option and here is what it gave me......

Hi!

You have read the Manual section that describes an SOURCE install,
when you are using an BINARY install.  Please check the MySQL manual
again.

Yours,
Monty

*************** Warning commercial signature follows **********
If you like TCX's concept of a 'mostly free' database and free
advice, you should at least CONSIDER supporting us, so that we can
afford to continue this service up.   http://www.mysql.com/
Thread
Where is the configure file?Joe Devlin26 Sep
  • Where is the configure file?Michael Widenius26 Sep