List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 25 1999 5:01pm
Subject:MySQL IP again
View as plain text
>>>>> "Jack" == Jack Wang <jack.w@stripped> writes:

Jack> Hi, all again,
Jack> I have a simple java servlet program which will connect to MySQL.
Jack> The code is correct in one NT platform, but when I transfer to another ISP
Jack> which is also use NT, my servlet can not been shown. After I checked the
Jack> code, I can determine error was occured in the following code:
Jack> "   Connection con = (Connection) DriverManager.getConnection(url, username,
Jack> password);
Jack> "
Jack> the url has been changed to the new IP. I have test two IP address in one
Jack> machine with multiply IP, but I still get the error. Is the IP error? How to
Jack> determine MySQL's IP address?

Hi!

When you start mysqld, it will by default bind to the default IP for
the machine.  You can change this by using the --bind-address=IP
option when you start [safe_]mysqld.

Regards,
Monty
Thread