List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:June 10 2003 5:40pm
Subject:Re: INT type
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jun 10), Mojtaba Faridzad said:
> I defined a field as INT type but when I checked in phpMyAdmin, it showed
> INT(11). Still I cannot enter higher 2147483647 (signed int) in this field.
> Does 11 mean that MySQL needs 11 bytes to keep it?  I changed the length to
> 2 (for example) but still I could save higher values such as 999 in it!!!
> What does length mean in INT(length)?

Display width.  If you need to store a larger value, use a different
integer type.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Column_types.html

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
Thread
Fw: 2 questions about indexing and testing speedMojtaba Faridzad9 Jun
  • arrangement of fields in a tableMojtaba Faridzad9 Jun
    • Re: arrangement of fields in a tableJeremy Zawodny9 Jun
    • Re: arrangement of fields in a tableNils Valentin10 Jun
  • Re: Fw: 2 questions about indexing and testing speedVictoria Reznichenko10 Jun
Re: Fw: 2 questions about indexing and testing speedrich johnson10 Jun
  • INT typeMojtaba Faridzad10 Jun
    • Re: INT typeDan Nelson10 Jun
RE: INT typeMike Hillyer10 Jun
  • Re: INT typeMojtaba Faridzad10 Jun