List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mojtaba Faridzad Date:June 10 2003 5:25pm
Subject:INT type
View as plain text
Hi,

I defined a field as INT type but when I checked in phpMyAdmin, it showed
INT(11). Still I cannot enter higher 2147483647 (signed int) in this field.
Does 11 mean that MySQL needs 11 bytes to keep it?  I changed the length to
2 (for example) but still I could save higher values such as 999 in it!!!
What does length mean in INT(length)?

Thanks in advance

Thread
Fw: 2 questions about indexing and testing speedMojtaba Faridzad9 Jun
  • arrangement of fields in a tableMojtaba Faridzad9 Jun
    • Re: arrangement of fields in a tableJeremy Zawodny9 Jun
    • Re: arrangement of fields in a tableNils Valentin10 Jun
  • Re: Fw: 2 questions about indexing and testing speedVictoria Reznichenko10 Jun
Re: Fw: 2 questions about indexing and testing speedrich johnson10 Jun
  • INT typeMojtaba Faridzad10 Jun
    • Re: INT typeDan Nelson10 Jun
RE: INT typeMike Hillyer10 Jun
  • Re: INT typeMojtaba Faridzad10 Jun