List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Hochgurtel Date:April 5 1999 4:25pm
Subject:RE: HPUX libmysqlclient.a compiled w/ +z option??
View as plain text
I've just been through all of this so I do have some advice.

The installation error your getting happens because Perl and Mysql
were compiled using different compilers.  The Mysql depot files
were probably compiled using gcc while your version of perl used the
HPUX compiler.

If you look in the INSTALL or the README they give you a cheat on how
to bypass this.  Though I was unable to get it to work.  Your best
bet is to download and install gcc and compile perl AND mysql with that.
Make sure to download the libstdc++ as well as the gcc compiler.

Or I could just send you a tar file of the version of Perl I just compiled.

Let me know,
Brian