List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mojtaba Faridzad Date:June 9 2003 5:40pm
Subject:arrangement of fields in a table
View as plain text
Hi,

I need to define for example 100 fields in a table. 8 of them are more
important and many queries just need these fields. Should I define them
before the other fields in the table or it doesn't matter? Is accessing the
the beginning fields faster than the other fields?

thanks

Thread
Fw: 2 questions about indexing and testing speedMojtaba Faridzad9 Jun
  • arrangement of fields in a tableMojtaba Faridzad9 Jun
    • Re: arrangement of fields in a tableJeremy Zawodny9 Jun
    • Re: arrangement of fields in a tableNils Valentin10 Jun
  • Re: Fw: 2 questions about indexing and testing speedVictoria Reznichenko10 Jun
Re: Fw: 2 questions about indexing and testing speedrich johnson10 Jun
  • INT typeMojtaba Faridzad10 Jun
    • Re: INT typeDan Nelson10 Jun
RE: INT typeMike Hillyer10 Jun
  • Re: INT typeMojtaba Faridzad10 Jun