List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 4 2003 1:29am
Subject:Re: Find out what version I am using?
View as plain text
At 10:10 +0900 6/4/03, Nils Valentin wrote:
><offlist>
>
>Hi Paul,
>
>did I get something wrong or did you actually mean
>
>"mysql SELECT VERSION(); " instead of " mysql> SHOW VERSION();" ???

You're right, I'm wrong.  SELECT VERSION();

>(In case I am right, I didnt post as I thought is not so polite to "overwrite"
>your statement)

I was incorrect, so I'll cc: this back to the list as well.  Thanks
for pointing it out.

>Best regards
>
>Nils Valentin
>Tokyo/Japan
>

>2003îN 6åé 2ì™ åéójì™
> 09:54ÅAPaul DuBois
> DŽÇÒÇÕèëÇ´ÇÐǵLJ:
>>  At 22:52 -0400 5/31/03, Mehrdad Ziaei wrote:
>>  >That will give you version of mysql client you're running,
>>
>>  That seems to have been what the original question was.
>>
>>  >For version of mysql server, after successful connection to mysql, use
>>  >status command.
>>  >mysql> status
>>  >
>>  >Or
>>  >
>>  >telnet to port 3306 of server running mysql
>>  >C:\>telnet  192.168.1.2  3306
>>  >you'll see few garbage and mysql version number in there too.
>>
>>  Re: that latter suggestion, it's easier to simply issue this query from
>>  the mysql client:
>>
>>  mysql> SHOW VERSION();
>>
>>  Then you don't have to ignore all the garbage characters. :-)
>>
>>  >Me
>>  >

Find out what version I am using?Robert Mark Bram1 Jun
  • Re: Find out what version I am using?Steven Kreuzer1 Jun
  • Re: Find out what version I am using?Mehrdad Ziaei1 Jun
    • Re: Find out what version I am using?Paul DuBois2 Jun
Re: Find out what version I am using?Paul DuBois4 Jun