List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 3 2003 3:39pm
Subject:Re: Cannot find uppercase user from mysql.user table
View as plain text
At 18:30 -0500 6/2/03, Michael Franch wrote:
>To whom it may concern,
>
>	I am using MySql v.4.0.13 and am trying to query the user
>table from Visual
>Basic using ADO.  If the user has an entry, that is uppercase lowercase,
>e.g. Jim, and my query is:"select user from mysql.user where user ='Jim'"
>the recordset returned is empty.  But, if the entry in the user field is all
>lowercase then, the recordset is returned with the appropriate values.  I do
>not know MySql well enough to know if this is a bug or not, but if I run the
>query:"select user from mysql.user where user ='Jim'" in the Control center,
>it works fine.  Please help me with this irritating problem.  I also have
>the same problem if the entry in the user field is all uppercase.

 From your description of the problem (query doesn't work with ADO, same
query works with MySQLCC), it appears that the problem may lie with ADO.
Have you asked your question on the win32 list?  The people there may
know more about this problem.

As a preliminary test, you might enable query logging in your server,
then issue identical queries from ADO and from MySQLCC and see if identical
queries actually arrive at the server.

>Thank you,
>
>Michael Franch
>Software Engineer
>UB Computer Services
>(630) 910-9066 - Phone
>(630) 910-0702 - Fax
>mike@stripped

Thread
Cannot find uppercase user from mysql.user tableMichael Franch3 Jun
  • Re: Cannot find uppercase user from mysql.user tableJoel Rees3 Jun
  • Re: Cannot find uppercase user from mysql.user tablePaul DuBois3 Jun