List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 5 1999 8:56am
Subject:SCO compilation problem
View as plain text
>>>>> "Sergio" == Sergio A Tkachenko <serg@stripped>
> writes:

Sergio> I have gcc 2.8.1 on my SCO Open Server 5.0.2
Sergio> And I got the following problem during configure:
Sergio>  it couldn't correctly check sizeof( char ), sizeof( int ), etc ...
Sergio>  moreover, I think that all test configure programs are compiling or
Sergio> running a bit
Sergio>  incorrectly because when I tried to compile and run some of failed
Sergio> programs which I got
Sergio>  from config.log with gcc, everything was OK.
Sergio>  And one more tip: SCO has own libx library where functions like chsize
Sergio> are located.

Sergio> Now I managed to work around these errors and configure MYSQL for
Sergio> compilation on SCO
Sergio> But I really don't know will it compile and work or no :-( .

Sergio> Hope you'll help me,
Sergio> Sergio A. Tkachenko

Sergio> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sergio> Please check "http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_toc.html" before
Sergio> posting. To request this thread, e-mail mysql-thread1411@stripped

Hi!

The configure script has only been tested with the Skunkware
distribution of gcc.

If you get problems with sizeof(char) in configure, this usually
always means that your compiler doesn't work or is wrongly configured.

As you haven't provided enough information of what error messages you
got, it's very hard to say what's wrong!

You can find information how to do a correct bug report at:

http://www.tcx.se/Manual_chapter/manual_Questions.html#Asking_questions

PLEASE read the above before reposting your question, this will save us all
a lot of time!

Yours,
Monty
Thread
SCO compilation problemSergio A. Tkachenko5 Apr
  • SCO compilation problemMichael Widenius5 Apr
  • Re: SCO compilation problem801) 250-O795 Work5 Apr