List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert Mark Bram Date:June 1 2003 5:42am
Subject:RE: Removing old service in Windows XP
View as plain text
Howdy All!

> When I tried to install the new MySql, I got the result below:
>
> C:\mysql\bin>mysqld --install
> The service already exists!
> The current server installed: C:\mySql\bin\mysqld-nt
>
> C:\mysql\bin>
>
> My problem is this: I used the "add remove programs" utility to remove the
> old MySql server, but in
>   Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services
> it *still* has a service there for MySql. There seems to be no facility to
> remove this through the services utility or msconfig. How can I do this?

I solved this problem by nuking all entries in the registry containing the
String "C:\mySql\bin\mysqld-nt" - there were two of them.

Rob
:)
:->
:-}

Thread
Removing old service in Windows XPRobert Mark Bram1 Jun
  • RE: Removing old service in Windows XPRobert Mark Bram1 Jun
  • Re: Removing old service in Windows XPshrek-m@gmx.de1 Jun