List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert Mark Bram Date:June 1 2003 4:52am
Subject:Removing old service in Windows XP
View as plain text
Howdy All!

When I tried to install the new MySql, I got the result below:

C:\mysql\bin>mysqld --install
The service already exists!
The current server installed: C:\mySql\bin\mysqld-nt

C:\mysql\bin>

My problem is this: I used the "add remove programs" utility to remove the
old MySql server, but in
  Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services
it *still* has a service there for MySql. There seems to be no facility to
remove this through the services utility or msconfig. How can I do this?

Any ideas would be most appreciated!

Rob
:)
:->
:-}

Thread
Removing old service in Windows XPRobert Mark Bram1 Jun
  • RE: Removing old service in Windows XPRobert Mark Bram1 Jun
  • Re: Removing old service in Windows XPshrek-m@gmx.de1 Jun