List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 23 1999 8:37pm
Subject:Re: mysql segfaulting
View as plain text

Wim> On 23-Sep-99 sasha@stripped wrote:
>> Wim Kerkhoff wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As the subject suggests, mysql (and xmysqladmin) is sefaulting on me.  I
>>> have
>>> installed the latest versions from Debian, and mysqld seems to be running.
>>> haven't touched the default configuration at all, and xmysql seems to work
>>> fine
>>> (I can see the tables and table field descriptors for the mysql table).  I
>>> have
>>> postgresql installed, but want to get mysql running for various reasons.

>> Have you tried a statically linked mysql client? My rule is that when in

Wim> Ok, I just tried mysql-3.22.26a-pc-linux-gnu-i686, but that didn't work either.
Wim>  Anything else I can try before I attempt installing from source?

Did the above also dump a core at the same place?

I haven't seen this error before;  Please try a source distribution
and report back if it works/doesn't work.  I can't see any reason why
mysqld should die in free_defaults() !

Regards,
Monty

Thread
mysql segfaultingWim Kerkhoff23 Sep
  • Re: mysql segfaultingsasha23 Sep
    • Re: mysql segfaultingWim Kerkhoff23 Sep
      • Re: mysql segfaultingMichael Widenius24 Sep
        • Re: mysql segfaultingWim Kerkhoff24 Sep