List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 23 1999 9:16pm
Subject:Help with field types using C API
View as plain text
>>>>> "Jorge" == Jorge Santos <santos@stripped> writes:

Jorge> Hi Mysql,
Jorge>   This is my first mysql mailing list question, so if I have the wrong
Jorge>   address, please forgive me...

Jorge>   I have a table with multiple varchar fields; these fields range from
Jorge>   15 - 50 characters long (varchar(15) ... (varchar(50)). The problem
Jorge>   I'm having is that when I check for the field type, the varchar
Jorge>   fields don't match any type in the book.

Jorge>   In the code below, all I'm trying to do is place a description of
Jorge>   the field type into a char array... All varchar fields drop down to
Jorge>   the default case.

Jorge>   Any clues?
Jorge>   Thanks in advance,
Jorge>   Jorge

Jorge>   Here's a sample of the code

Jorge> MYSQL_RES *result;
Jorge> MYSQL_FIELD *oneField;

<cut>

Did you try FIELD_TYPE_VAR_STRING ?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Help with field types using C APIJorge Santos23 Sep
  • Help with field types using C APIMichael Widenius24 Sep
Re[2]: Help with field types using C APIJorge Santos23 Sep
  • Re[2]: Help with field types using C APIMichael Widenius24 Sep