List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 23 1999 9:52pm
Subject:Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.
View as plain text
>>>>> "Jacob" == Jacob Park <HostMaster@stripped> writes:

Jacob> Hello everyone.
Jacob> Thanks to your help I have come up with a quick fix.  When mysql goes down,
Jacob> there is a script on our server that restarts it.  When it is restarted with
Jacob> this script, the grant tables are not read (for some odd reason).  I just
Jacob> added the reload command to the script.  It should work now.

Jacob> Once again, thanks for your help.

Hi!

The grant tables should always be read.  The only time they aren't is
if you start mysqld with --skip-grant or -Sg.  Could you check if your
startup script uses either of the above options?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Jacob Park23 Sep
  • Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Michael Widenius23 Sep
    • Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Martin Ramsch23 Sep
      • Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Paul DuBois23 Sep
  • Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Jacob Park23 Sep
    • Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Paul DuBois23 Sep
    • Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Michael Widenius24 Sep