List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:2Hosts.com Date:May 28 2003 11:34pm
Subject:timestamps and time zones
View as plain text
Bearing in mind the international nature of the internet, how do I make a
timestamp local to the user rather than local to my webserver in Canada?  If
a user is adding a record to my database from England, I want the timestamp
to be GMT rather than PST, and the same for my Australian clients, and so
on.

I will probably still use a "master" time stamp too which will be "master
server time" much like "ebay time".

How do I go about this?

Thread
upgrading to v 4.1Ted Rogers28 May
  • Re: upgrading to v 4.1Scott Haneda28 May
    • mysqlhotcopy script problemstu zimny28 May
    • RE: upgrading to v 4.1Daevid Vincent29 May
  • RE: upgrading to v 4.1Kieran Kelleher29 May
  • Re: upgrading to v 4.1LS29 May
    • Re: upgrading to v 4.1Jocelyn Fournier29 May
      • Re: upgrading to v 4.1LS29 May
    • timestamps and time zones2Hosts.com29 May
      • Re: timestamps and time zonesEgor Egorov29 May
        • RE: timestamps and time zonesAndrew Hazen29 May
    • Re: upgrading to v 4.1Jeremy Zawodny29 May
      • Re: upgrading to v 4.1LS30 May