List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:trogers Date:May 27 2003 7:36am
Subject:silly old hostname help?
View as plain text
Hi,

Rebuilding my (Mac OS X Server 10.2.x) server and installing MySQL
again, I have forgotten how to fix this, which I've seen long ago:

%mysql_install_db
Sorry, the host 'rogers' could not be looked up.
Please configure the 'hostname' command to return a correct hostname.
If you want to solve this at a later stage, restart this script with
the --force option

I believe my hostname *is* in all the right places? e.g., it's in the
'hostconfig' file; if I type %hostname, I get: 'rogers'.
Hints?

Thank you,

Ted Rogers

Thread
MySQL 4.0 Installation ProblemsDAVID CLARK23 May
  • Re: MySQL 4.0 Installation ProblemsRoberto Slepetys Ferreira23 May
  • Re: MySQL 4.0 Installation ProblemsEgor Egorov24 May
    • Re: MySQL 4.0 Installation ProblemsLenz Grimmer27 May
      • silly old hostname help?trogers27 May
        • Re: silly old hostname help?Dan Nelson27 May
      • Re: MySQL 4.0 Installation ProblemsJames Marcinek2 Jun