List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:2Hosts.com Date:May 26 2003 3:07am
Subject:Re: SQL and WAP? (newbie)
View as plain text
I am not sure if this is the accepted way of posting a "thank you", but just
wanted to thank you for your help.  It was most appreciated.  I invested in
a couple of good books this morning.  :o)

> PHP and the backing store database are both orthogonal to WAP (which is
> really HTTP, just a different content type).  PHP can return pretty much
> any type of content you want; i.e.
>
> header("Content-type: text/vnd.wap.wml");
> echo("<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>\n");
> echo("<!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC \"-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN\"
> \"http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml\">\n\n");
>
> As for querying a database and formatting WAP out of it, there are many
> examples on the Web.  Google search "PHP MySQL".  Many of the examples
> return HTML-formatted data, but formatting it in WAP is easy too.
>
> Good luck,
>
> --Michael

sql error help?trogers25 May
  • Re: sql error help?Joseph Bueno25 May
  • SQL and WAP? (newbie)2Hosts.com25 May
    • RE: SQL and WAP? (newbie)Michael S. Fischer25 May
      • Re: SQL and WAP? (newbie)2Hosts.com26 May
        • DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldYerra Venkata Srinivasa Rao26 May
          • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldDan Nelson26 May
            • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldYerra Venkata Srinivasa Rao26 May
              • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldDan Nelson26 May
          • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldJames Moe26 May
    • need favour ;)n0n4m326 May