List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred van Engen Date:May 26 2003 1:39am
Subject:Re: Help: Commands out of sync
View as plain text
On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 11:28:46AM +1000, Petras Virzintas wrote:
> Hi, I wonder if someone would be so kind to explain the following error
> message I sometimes get from a PHP web page that accesses a MySQL database:
>
> Error: Unable to select database: XXX :Commands out of sync; You can't run
> this command now

This is a known bug in PHP 4.2.3. If this is what you're running, you
might consider upgrading to 4.3.x (or downgrading to 4.2.2).

I don't believe there is another fix for this. We're checking for this
condition on some servers that are still running 4.2.3 and kill the
process with posix_kill(posix_getpid()) if we detect it. A single user
will get a blank page then, but that's better than getting erroneous
results for all future users. Once a process is in this condition, it
will not recover.

Regards,

Fred.

--
Fred van Engen                              XB Networks B.V.
email: fred.van.engen@stripped                Televisieweg 2