List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael S. Fischer Date:May 25 2003 5:40pm
Subject:RE: SQL and WAP? (newbie)
View as plain text
PHP and the backing store database are both orthogonal to WAP (which is
really HTTP, just a different content type).  PHP can return pretty much
any type of content you want; i.e.

header("Content-type: text/vnd.wap.wml");
echo("<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>\n");
echo("<!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC \"-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN\"
\"http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml\">\n\n");

As for querying a database and formatting WAP out of it, there are many
examples on the Web.  Google search "PHP MySQL".  Many of the examples
return HTML-formatted data, but formatting it in WAP is easy too.

Good luck,

--Michael

sql error help?trogers25 May
  • Re: sql error help?Joseph Bueno25 May
  • SQL and WAP? (newbie)2Hosts.com25 May
    • RE: SQL and WAP? (newbie)Michael S. Fischer25 May
      • Re: SQL and WAP? (newbie)2Hosts.com26 May
        • DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldYerra Venkata Srinivasa Rao26 May
          • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldDan Nelson26 May
            • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldYerra Venkata Srinivasa Rao26 May
              • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldDan Nelson26 May
          • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldJames Moe26 May
    • need favour ;)n0n4m326 May