List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:2Hosts.com Date:May 25 2003 5:04pm
Subject:SQL and WAP? (newbie)
View as plain text
I am learning SQL and need to create the following :

1. WAP pages where users can add (and maybe even edit or delete) data to the
SQL databases via cellphone/PDA

2. Regular html pages ditto above, plus html pages to search or view the
database.

I have managed to learn how to create databases and tables, and INSERT INTO,
etc, but how do I get this from raw SQL database onto some kind of a web
page.  So far my learning sessions have been pretty trouble free, even
though they haven't got any further than telnet sessions.

I think I need to steer clear of PHP so as to remain WAP compliant?  Or is
the PHP only required when displaying data (which is more likely to be on a
regular web browser) and can still use static HTML (WAP compliant) for
adding data to the database?

This doesn't seem to be covered in any of the books I have seen.

Thread
sql error help?trogers25 May
  • Re: sql error help?Joseph Bueno25 May
  • SQL and WAP? (newbie)2Hosts.com25 May
    • RE: SQL and WAP? (newbie)Michael S. Fischer25 May
      • Re: SQL and WAP? (newbie)2Hosts.com26 May
        • DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldYerra Venkata Srinivasa Rao26 May
          • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldDan Nelson26 May
            • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldYerra Venkata Srinivasa Rao26 May
              • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldDan Nelson26 May
          • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldJames Moe26 May
    • need favour ;)n0n4m326 May