List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joseph Bueno Date:May 25 2003 10:41am
Subject:Re: sql error help?
View as plain text
Hi,

trogers@stripped wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm no expert at all, so can anyone see what this error might be coming
> from?
>
>  Database mysql1  - Table machines  running on localhost
>
> Error
>
> SQL-query :
>
> CREATE TABLE `machines` (
> `zrecord_serial` DOUBLE( 30 ) ,
> `machine_type` VARCHAR( 30 ) ,
> `model` VARCHAR( 30 ) ,
> `machine_id` VARCHAR( 30 ) UNSIGNED AUTO_INCREMENT ,
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
UNSIGNED is not valid with VARCHAR, you should use a numeric type.
Check:
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Column_types.html

> `building` VARCHAR( 30 ) ,
> `room` VARCHAR( 30 ) ,
> `id_display` VARCHAR( 30 ) ,
> `os` VARCHAR( 30 ) ,
> `mac_address` DOUBLE( 30 ) ,
> PRIMARY KEY ( `mac_address` )
> ) TYPE = MYISAM
>
> MySQL said:
>
> You have an error in your SQL syntax near '), `machine_type`
> VARCHAR(30), `model` VARCHAR(30), `machine_id` VARCHAR(30) UNS' at line 1
>
> I was trying to create the table by importing this file with phpMyAdmin:
>
> # Script:    machines_create_table1.sql
> # Features:  This sql script creates the MySQL
> #            table for the FileMaker data.
> #
> # Notes:
> #            This file only needs run if
> #            the table does not already exist
> #            in the destination database.
> #            The DBA should modify the table creation
> #            commands as needed before running this file.
> #
> # Usage:     mysql mysql1 -u mysqluser1 < machines_create_table1.sql
> #
> # Used By:   run manually by the MySQL DBA on the database server
> # Copyright 2003 by .com Solutions Inc.
> #
> # ----------------------    Revision History ---------------
> # Date              By          Changes
> #  3-29-2003        dsimpson    Initial Release
> #
> # This output file was created by FmPro Migrator version 1.24 on Sun May
> 25 04:30:31 2003. By .com Solutions Inc. www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net
> #
> # specify database name
> use mysql1
>
> # drop table command - commented out
> # DROP TABLE IF EXISTS mysql1.machines;
>
> # create MySQL table to match structure of FileMaker file
> CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS mysql1.machines
> (
> zrecord_serial                                                  DOUBLE
>                      NULL,
> machine_type
> VARCHAR(255)                 NULL,
> model
> VARCHAR(255)                 NULL,
> machine_id
> VARCHAR(255)                 UNSIGNED AUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL,
> building
> VARCHAR(255)                 NULL,
> room
> VARCHAR(255)                 NULL,
> id_display
> VARCHAR(255)                 NULL,
> os
> VARCHAR(255)                 NULL,
> mac_address                                                     DOUBLE
>                      NULL,
> PRIMARY KEY(machine_id)
> ) TYPE=MyISAM;
>
> quit
>
> Thanks very much for taking a look,
>
> Ted

Regards,
Joseph Bueno

Thread
sql error help?trogers25 May
  • Re: sql error help?Joseph Bueno25 May
  • SQL and WAP? (newbie)2Hosts.com25 May
    • RE: SQL and WAP? (newbie)Michael S. Fischer25 May
      • Re: SQL and WAP? (newbie)2Hosts.com26 May
        • DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldYerra Venkata Srinivasa Rao26 May
          • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldDan Nelson26 May
            • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldYerra Venkata Srinivasa Rao26 May
              • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldDan Nelson26 May
          • Re: DEFAULT value for DATETIME fieldJames Moe26 May
    • need favour ;)n0n4m326 May