List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Roman Neuhauser Date:May 24 2003 4:14pm
Subject:Re: PHP & mySQL - Boolean Search Help..
View as plain text
# phil@stripped / 2003-05-14 17:03:03 -0400:
> >     the preg_split() call should have looked e. g. like this:
> >
> >     preg_split('~\s+~', $txt_searchstring)
> >
> >     and the sprintf() one:
> >
> >     sprintf('%s LIKE "%s"', $col, $word);
>
> I tried those modifications and now am getting an error on this :
>
> mysql_real_escape_string($word)
>
> As undefined.

    that function exists in PHP since 4.3.0--as you would have known if
    you had a look in the PHP manual. you can use mysql_escape_string()
    instead of it. it would be nice if you showed you did your part of
    solving your problem, such as: didn't just whine "it gives me parse
    errors, what am I supposed to do", but looked at the code you'd
    been given and fixed those typos yourself.

    rule no. 1: don't expect others to do your homework.

PHP & mySQL - Boolean Search Help..Phillip Blancher - Ontario Web10 May
  • Re: PHP & mySQL - Boolean Search Help..Joe Stump10 May
  • Re: PHP & mySQL - Boolean Search Help..Hardik Doshi11 May
  • Re: PHP & mySQL - Boolean Search Help..Roman Neuhauser14 May
    • Re: PHP & mySQL - Boolean Search Help..Phillip Blancher14 May
      • Re: PHP & mySQL - Boolean Search Help..Roman Neuhauser24 May
  • Re: PHP & mySQL - Boolean Search Help..Phillip Blancher14 May
Re: PHP & mySQL - Boolean Search Help..Phillip Blancher - Ontario Web13 May
  • Re: PHP & mySQL - Boolean Search Help..Roman Neuhauser14 May