List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Ramsch Date:September 23 1999 5:16pm
Subject:Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.
View as plain text
On Thu, 1999-09-23 19:42:43 +0300, Michael Widenius wrote:
> Jacob> [...] The problem is that periodically root loses it's
> Jacob> permissions again and I have to reset them again
[...]
> I haven't ever heard about a problem like the above.

I don't understand what connection the root password has to the access
problems of other users ...

But, hasn't there been a bug with GRANT sometimes only changing the
the password in memory but not writing the new password into
mysql.user?  Maybe Jacob's problem is related to this?

Regards,
  Martin
Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Jacob Park23 Sep
  • Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Michael Widenius23 Sep
    • Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Martin Ramsch23 Sep
      • Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Paul DuBois23 Sep
  • Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Jacob Park23 Sep
    • Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Paul DuBois23 Sep
    • Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Michael Widenius24 Sep