List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joel Rees Date:May 23 2003 6:30am
Don Read <dread@stripped> responded:

> http://www.zvon.org/tmRFC/RFC2822/Output/chapter3.html#reply-to

Thanks for the relevant quotes. Of the existing headers, "Sender" would
appear to me to be the obvious one for the mailing lists. Unfortunately,
MUAs don't standardize to that.

> The MySQL, PHP, FreeBSD, (now defunct) Perl lists, & many others are
> handling the 'Reply-To' correctly by leaving it untouched.

Last time I checked, the lists under perl.org were still going strong,
and according to the RFCs. Did I miss something?

One good thing came from the complaints -- my MUA (Becky) is Japanese,
so I'm generally too lazy to look at all the knobs and switches. Just
been copying and pasting to get the list address in place.

All these complaints, so I look at the top of the window, and I find a
little triangle by the button for reply. So I click the the triangle and
I get a menu -- reply, reply-all, pick-n-reply (in Japanese, of course).
Pick-n-reply gives me a little dialogue that shows me every address in
the headers, so it's four clicks max to the list address.

I seem to remember OE having something similar, although it felt a
little clumsier to my anti-MS bias.

--
Joel Rees <joel@stripped>

Thread
ASP and MySQLHekuran Vokshi18 May
Re: ASP and MySQLMyLists19 May
RE: ASP and MySQLMike Hillyer20 May
      • RE: MySQL stupid mailing list formatPeter Monk21 May
    • Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatMichael Satterwhite21 May
    • Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatJoel Rees21 May
    • RE: MySQL stupid mailing list formatFred Whipple22 May
      • Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatDavid Shugarts22 May
        • Re: [OT] Mailing list reply-to mungingMichael T. Babcock22 May
      • RE: MySQL stupid mailing list formatDon Read22 May
        • [OT]Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatJoel Rees23 May
  • Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatgerald_clark20 May
  • Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatMichael T. Babcock21 May
  • Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatMichael T. Babcock21 May
RE: MySQL stupid mailing list formatMike Hillyer21 May
RE: MySQL stupid mailing list formatAndrew Braithwaite21 May
  • Not again... (Re: MySQL stupid mailing list format)Jeremy Zawodny21 May
    • Re: Not again... (Re: MySQL stupid mailing list format)Chris Kelch21 May
    • Re: Not again... (Re: MySQL stupid mailing list format)Michael T. Babcock22 May
Re: Not again... (Re: MySQL stupid mailing list format)Michael T. Babcock23 May
  • Re: Not again... (Re: MySQL stupid mailing list format)David Shugarts24 May
    • Re: Not again... (Re: MySQL stupid mailing list format)Roman Neuhauser24 May
RE: MySQL stupid mailing list formatDavid Brodbeck23 May
  • Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatPhillip Blancher - Ontario Web23 May
    • Symbolic Link on MySQL 4.0.13Roberto Slepetys Ferreira23 May
      • Re: Symbolic Link on MySQL 4.0.13Victoria Reznichenko24 May
    • Re: Symbolic Link on MySQL 4.0.13Roberto Slepetys24 May