List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 23 1999 4:42pm
Subject:Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.
View as plain text
>>>>> "Jacob" == Jacob Park <jpark@stripped> writes:

Jacob> Hello,
Jacob> I am quite new to this mailing list and was wondering if anyone could help
Jacob> me...  The mysql server I work with has some problems, mainly with security.
Jacob> When root is assigned no permissions, everyone appears to have access to
Jacob> everyone else's database.  However, when I set permissions to root, these
Jacob> problems are solved.  The problem is that periodically root loses it's
Jacob> permissions again and I have to reset them again (or else anyone can access
Jacob> anyone's DB) I have no idea why this happens, it does not happen after I
Jacob> restart the server or after I reload the tables for another user...

Jacob> Any ideas on what is going on or what I need to do would be much
Jacob> appreciated.

Jacob> Thank you.

Jacob> Jacob.

Hi!

First, please always use the mysqlbug script when posting question;
This script will collect some information that we need to be able to
give an fast accurate answer.

I haven't ever heard about a problem like the above.  The only
suggestion I can give, based on the above information, is to restart
mysqld with --log and when this happens again check the log for clues
of what is happening.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Jacob Park23 Sep
  • Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Michael Widenius23 Sep
    • Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Martin Ramsch23 Sep
      • Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Paul DuBois23 Sep
  • Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Jacob Park23 Sep
    • Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Paul DuBois23 Sep
    • Re: Root permissions always need reseting. Security issue.Michael Widenius24 Sep