List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bernd Jagla Date:May 22 2003 4:05pm
Subject:maximum memory used by mysql
View as plain text
Hi there,

I working on a databank project in the field of cancer research and I need some advice....

my databank is growing quite fast, and I want to upgrade my SGI (Origin 2000) system to
keep up with the amount of data created.
I thought of increasing the memory to a total of about 11 GB. Now I am wondering if mysql
can actually make use of all this memory, or if there is a better way to keep up...

I would be very thankfull if you could help me with some ideas, experience or other
suggestions on how to cope with quite big tables (>300,000,000 entries).

Thank you very much in advance for your kind help

Bernd

     communication or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If
     computer.

Thread
maximum memory used by mysqlBernd Jagla22 May