List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Ramsch Date:September 23 1999 4:59pm
Subject:Re: Best query for search engine function through multiple tables...
View as plain text
On Thu, 1999-09-23 16:57:27 +0100, Matt Duggan wrote:
> If I understand your last paragraph correctly however blobs are case
> sensitive. If this is the case how can I do a case insensite search
> on the insensitive slips.problem field and the case sensitive
> slips.summary field?  What about the use of regexp?

One solution is to change the BLOB fields into case-insensitive TEXT
fields.

Or if you keep BLOBs, you could use UPPER(field) to force everything
to uppercase and then only compare with uppercase search words.  (Or
use LOWER and lower case search words, if you prefer.)

Regards,
  Martin
Best query for search engine function through multiple tables...Matt Duggan23 Sep
  • Re: Best query for search engine function through multiple tables...Jules Bean23 Sep
  • Re: Best query for search engine function through multiple tables...Matt Duggan23 Sep
    • Re: Best query for search engine function through multiple tables...Martin Ramsch23 Sep