List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:September 23 1999 4:45pm
Subject:Re: How to connect to mysql
View as plain text
Shankarappa Manjunatha wrote:

> Sir,
>
> I am using mysql version 3,22.20a-log on sun solaris system.
> I want to connect to the database(mysql) from the windows NT system using jdbc
> drivers. I am using mm.Mysql driver to connect to the database. But when I try
> to connect, It is giving the error as below:
>
> Error in establishing connection. General Error 79.
>
> Please help me out in this regard.
>
> Thanks.
> Manju

Hi Manju

Which version of mm driver are you using?
Have you set up TCP/IP on your NT system?
Does your NT system know the IP address of your mysql server?
Can you connect via mysql commandline interface?

BTW:
This is a Java <-> mysql question which should go to:
<mailto:java@stripped>

Tschau
Christian

Thread
How to connect to mysqlShankarappa Manjunatha20 Sep
  • Re: How to connect to mysqlChristian Mack23 Sep