List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christopher R. Jones Date:September 23 1999 4:45pm
Subject:Re: Foxpro dbf files ot mysql
View as plain text
>I can export as comma separated or something and then use LOAD function
>to import it to mysql, but a more automated way of importing it would be
>desirable than having to do an export daily or soething.  Anyone else
>had experiences with getting foxpro into mysql?
If you cannot get dbf2mysql to work, you can create a VFP program to export
the tables to tab deliniated files.  Then use the Window schedule service
to call that program on a regular basis.  Then, if you have a good Windows
ftp client, you should be able to automate the transfer of the exported
database file to the mysql server.  On the mysql server, you can create a
cron entry to automatically import the tab files.

Note that even if you do get dbf2mysql to work, you need to automate the
transfer of the .dbf files to the mysql server.  (I am assuming that mysql
and VFP are not on the same computer??).

Christopher R. Jones, P.Eng.
14 Oneida Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5J 2E3
Tel. 416 203-7465
Fax. 416 203-3044
Email cj@stripped

Thread
Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlBrian M Dial22 Sep
  • RE: Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlElaine Mills22 Sep
    • Re: Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlBrian M Dial23 Sep
      • Re: Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlBob Kline23 Sep
  • Re: Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlGreg Patterson22 Sep
    • Re: Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlMr. Christopher F. Miller22 Sep
Re: Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlChristopher R. Jones23 Sep
Re: Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlAnne Schoolcraft23 Sep