List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Goutham S Mohan Date:May 21 2003 4:38am
Subject:RE: two servers on the same machine
View as plain text
Hi,
  You will find a sample my.cnf file in you
<Installation dir>/support-files/my.cnf.  You may have
my-large.cnf etc., Rename it to my.cnf and put in your
data directory. i.e. <Installation Dir>/data/my.cnf
 This will already have a section for [mysqld] and
should have a attribute for ports and sockets. For
running multiple servers you need to have one my.cnf
for every Mysql installation and this file should be
in your <Installation Dir>/data/my.cnf.
  Each installation should have different port and
socket file names specified in their respective my.cnf
files. So when both of them start they start listening
at the specified port.

  Hope this helps.
Regards,
Goutham S

 --- Inbal Ovadia <inbal@stripped> wrote: > Hi

http://lists.mysql.com/mysql?unsub=1

> =====
>
> Goutham S Mohan    Bangalore. India.

=====

Goutham S Mohan    Bangalore. India.

It's Samaritans' Week. Help Samaritans help others.
Call 08709 000032 to give or donate online now at
http://www.samaritans.org/support/donations.shtm
Thread
two servers on the same machineInbal Ovadia15 May
  • Re: two servers on the same machineGoutham S Mohan15 May
RE: two servers on the same machineInbal Ovadia19 May
  • re: RE: two servers on the same machineEgor Egorov19 May
  • RE: two servers on the same machineGoutham S Mohan21 May