List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:May 21 2003 4:32am
Subject:RE: has anyone here worked with pay-pal's shopping cart
View as plain text
There are a bunch of PayPal examples out there. The trick is the logic you
use.

You have to make a db table that stores the transaction and what you expect
it to be. Then you pass control to PayPal. THEN paypal will at some point
(maybe days later even) connect to a script/url you set up with your IPN
account and the completes the transaction. You can't think linear and
real-time. You have to build it with this extra delay in mind. And since you
can only connect to one form on a submit, this is the way it has to work
too.

On Tue, 20 May 2003, David McGlone wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone here done any work with pay-pal's shopping cart system?
>
> the cart only allows 1 price per item, but I am building a website that
sells
> T-shirts and more and the sizes of shirts are different and have different

> prices for each size, so I created a database with each T-shirt and size
with
> each corresponding price, but im wondering if it will work with pay-pal's
> shopping cart?
>
> Im using a dropdown list in a form to select the size and color, but
getting
> that dropdown to insert the correct price is the tricky part.
>
> anyone have any ideas or code examples I can take a look at?

Thread
has anyone here worked with pay-pal's shopping cartDavid McGlone21 May
  • Re: has anyone here worked with pay-pal's shopping cartCurtis Maurand21 May
    • RE: has anyone here worked with pay-pal's shopping cartDaevid Vincent21 May
      • Re: has anyone here worked with pay-pal's shopping cartMySQL List21 May
      • Re: has anyone here worked with pay-pal's shopping cartDavid McGlone21 May
        • RE: has anyone here worked with pay-pal's shopping cartDaevid Vincent22 May
Re: has anyone here worked with pay-pal's shopping cartDavid McGlone21 May