List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Curtis Maurand Date:May 21 2003 4:25am
Subject:Re: Deleting Files Complex Question
View as plain text
Get a list of the photos before you delete the record.  Delete the photos,
then delete the record.

Curtis

On Tue, 20 May 2003, Phillip Blancher - Ontario Web wrote:

> Good evening all,
>
> I am currently working on a real estate site, and trying to figure out how
> to do the following.
>
> When a property is listed, 5 photos are uploaded to the webspace, while the
> information for the listing, including the location on the webspace for the
> photos are written.
>
> When a property is sold, it is so marked in the database. So far, not so
> hard right.
>
> Now the toughy:
>
> After a set number of days of being marked sold (15 days for example) I want
> the database entry to delete, AND I want the files to delete off the
> webspace.
>
> Anyone have any ideas???
>
> I am coding in PHP, and Running MySQL 4, PHP 4 on a Linux box.
>
> I would appreciate any help in this, as I am stumped on how to get it to
> delete not only the file name from the database but the physical files from
> the webspace.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Phil at
>
> OntarioWeb.ca

Curtis Maurand
mailto:curtis@stripped
http://www.maurand.com

Thread
Deleting Files Complex QuestionPhillip Blancher - Ontario Web21 May
  • Re: Deleting Files Complex QuestionMySQL List21 May
  • Re: Deleting Files Complex QuestionCurtis Maurand21 May
Re: Deleting Files Complex QuestionMyLists21 May