List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joel Rees Date:May 21 2003 2:35am
> This MySQL mailing list very funny.
> When I press reply button: the sender email appear in the "to:" field. So, I
> must delete the sender and replace with mysql@stripped

Some people think that mailing lists that "fix it" so replies go bac to
the list are the ones that are odd. Read this:

> I the the others user send email back to sender and add MySQL address in
> "cc:" field. This cause users send me more than one SAME email while they
> reply my question!
>
> One from the sender and one from mysql mailing list address.

If you're using Mac OS X, you might also find this note interesting:

    http://www.omnigroup.com/mailman/archive/macosx-talk/2002-December/004719.html

<rambling>
Hmm. Is there any RFC that specifies a mailing-list specific protocol
that would give (new versions of) MUAs something concrete to attach to a
reply-to-list button? I hate the MSattitude of "We answered all your
important questions yesterday. Where do you want to go today?" The
biggest product of that pseudo-salesmanship is people who can't
understand why technology isn't God.
</rambling>

--
Joel Rees <joel@stripped>

Thread
ASP and MySQLHekuran Vokshi18 May
Re: ASP and MySQLMyLists19 May
RE: ASP and MySQLMike Hillyer20 May
      • RE: MySQL stupid mailing list formatPeter Monk21 May
    • Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatMichael Satterwhite21 May
    • Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatJoel Rees21 May
    • RE: MySQL stupid mailing list formatFred Whipple22 May
      • Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatDavid Shugarts22 May
        • Re: [OT] Mailing list reply-to mungingMichael T. Babcock22 May
      • RE: MySQL stupid mailing list formatDon Read22 May
        • [OT]Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatJoel Rees23 May
  • Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatgerald_clark20 May
  • Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatMichael T. Babcock21 May
  • Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatMichael T. Babcock21 May
RE: MySQL stupid mailing list formatMike Hillyer21 May
RE: MySQL stupid mailing list formatAndrew Braithwaite21 May
  • Not again... (Re: MySQL stupid mailing list format)Jeremy Zawodny21 May
    • Re: Not again... (Re: MySQL stupid mailing list format)Chris Kelch21 May
    • Re: Not again... (Re: MySQL stupid mailing list format)Michael T. Babcock22 May
Re: Not again... (Re: MySQL stupid mailing list format)Michael T. Babcock23 May
  • Re: Not again... (Re: MySQL stupid mailing list format)David Shugarts24 May
    • Re: Not again... (Re: MySQL stupid mailing list format)Roman Neuhauser24 May
RE: MySQL stupid mailing list formatDavid Brodbeck23 May
  • Re: MySQL stupid mailing list formatPhillip Blancher - Ontario Web23 May
    • Symbolic Link on MySQL 4.0.13Roberto Slepetys Ferreira23 May
      • Re: Symbolic Link on MySQL 4.0.13Victoria Reznichenko24 May
    • Re: Symbolic Link on MySQL 4.0.13Roberto Slepetys24 May