List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:May 17 2003 9:44pm
Subject:Re: cannot install mysql: could not install grant tables
View as plain text
At 10:03 -0400 5/17/03, Martin Gainty wrote:
>The Log indicates your Pipe is broken
>Try another command with pipe and report back the Results.
>Hth,
>Martin

The broken pipe results from a prior problem.  I looks as though perhaps
some option file has a line in that sets the bdb_cache_size variable,
which won't work if the server doesn't support the BDB storage engine.

I'd look in /etc/my.cnf to see if there is such a line; if so, remove
it and try running mysql_install_db again.  If you have no /etc/my.cnf,
look for a my.cnf file in the server's data directory.

--
Paul DuBois
http://www.kitebird.com/