List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:May 16 2003 3:56am
Subject:Re: ERROR 1062: Duplicate entry '1' for key 1
View as plain text
In the last episode (May 15), Yvonne - At Your Service said:
> Was this ever resolved? I have looked through months of postings with
> no resolutions.

Every time the question is asked (which is quite frequent), it gets
many replies, all the same.

> I am getting the same problem. The autoincrementing primary key
> tinyint(3) indicates that the next number for it to use is 255 yet it
> has already used that number. I have rebuilt the table importing the
> data and it still gives me the 1062 error. I have erased the last
> record but it comes up to 255 and does not advance past it. It is in
> a MyISAM table.

The resolution is to stop using unsigned tinyint, which maxes out as
255.  Is there a document someplace that is telling people to use
tinyint for primary keys?  Cause I'd like to find it and destroy it :)

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped