List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Zawodny Date:May 15 2003 9:44pm
Subject:Re: performance
View as plain text
On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 10:16:27AM -0400, Adam Nelson wrote:

> I don't know where FreeBSD is now, but I was not finding the performance
> on FreeBSD and MySQL that I had hoped for (this was freebsd 4.3).
> Moving to Linux worked really well.  I'm not trying to say one is better
> than the other, but I think the MySQL developers/users are spending more
> time on Linux and consequently, more effort is put into improvements
> specifically on Linux.

Were you building with LinuxThreads support on FreeBSD?  It can help
quite a bit.
<Jeremy@stripped>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.8: up 101 days, processed 3,165,447,823 queries (361/sec. avg)
Thread
performanceRyan R. Tharp25 Apr
  • Re: performanceDan Nelson25 Apr
  • Re: performanceRyan R. Tharp25 Apr