List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:May 15 2003 3:47pm
Subject:Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?
View as plain text
In the last episode (May 15), Steff@stripped said:
> We have avoided moving our database to Linux because we have been
> told that under a unix operating system the table and column names
> become case sensitive. Is this true ?  We are concerned because we
> were not consistent in the use of capitalization when building our
> SQL statements in our existing application.

There is a mysql server variable you can set that will tell mysql to
lower-case all table and database names internally before trying to do
any file accesses.  See
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Name_case_sensitivity.html for details.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
Thread
does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Steff14 May
  • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?David Griffiths15 May
  • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?miguel solorzano15 May
    • MySql licenseElkin Fernando Ortiz15 May
      • Re: MySql licensePaul DuBois15 May
    • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Steff15 May
      • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?miguel sol√≥rzano15 May
      • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Dan Nelson15 May
    • Connections: was MySql licenseJames15 May
  • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Becoming Digital15 May
Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Heikki Tuuri15 May
  • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Jeremy Zawodny15 May
Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Heikki Tuuri15 May