List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andy Smith Date:May 15 2003 3:39pm
Subject:Re: Linux x86 file size limit w.r.t. MySQL
View as plain text
On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 03:20:51PM +0100, Andy Smith wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> One of our tables has grown to 4GB.  We are using Linux 2.4.20 on
> x86 with ext3 fs.  I have read the MySQL manual which seesm to
> suggest that the RAID option is the only way forward.
>
> Has anyone else had any luck getting 4GB+ tables on this platform
> with e.g. reiserfs?  Or maybe there is some kernel option I am
> missing.

A bit more investigation shows that since my linux box is already
able to create files larger than 4GB with ext3, this must be a MySQL
limitation and the RAID option is my only choice now.  Am I correct
here?
Thread
Linux x86 file size limit w.r.t. MySQLAndy Smith15 May
  • Re: Linux x86 file size limit w.r.t. MySQLAndy Smith15 May
  • Re: Linux x86 file size limit w.r.t. MySQLDan Nelson15 May
    • Re: Linux x86 file size limit w.r.t. MySQLAndy Smith18 May
RE: Linux x86 file size limit w.r.t. MySQLJon Wagoner15 May
RE: Linux x86 file size limit w.r.t. MySQLRobin Keech15 May