List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Heikki Tuuri Date:May 15 2003 8:55am
Subject:Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?
View as plain text
Steff,

you may need to configure the 32-bit Windows (configuration may be possible
only if you have a Windows Server OS) so that it allows > 2 GB user memory
space. Traditionally, 32-bit OS's reserved the upper 2 GB of the address
space for OS use.

In a 32-bit Linux, modern kernels can be configured to have up to 3.5 GB of
user memory space, but unfortunately the glibc does not allow creation of
pthreads if more than 2 GB of user memory is allocated, which makes the
remaining 1.5 GB useless.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
Transactions, foreign keys, and a hot backup tool for MySQL
Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/