List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:miguel solorzano Date:May 14 2003 11:29pm
Subject:Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?
View as plain text
At 22:55 11/05/2003 -0400, Steff@stripped wrote:
Hi,

This isn't a MySQL issue, please read at Microsoft support how
to enable Physical Address Extension (PAE) X86.

>Hello,
>     I have two windows 2k machines with 4 gig of ram each. On one
>machine I have MySql 3.23.54-max-nt-log on the other I have
>4.0.12-nt-log  in both cases I am running INNODB.
>
>     Any time I try and set the innodb_buffer_pool_size greater then
>1600M I get an error. Based in the information in the error log it
>appears the MySql does not think I have enough memory in the
>machines.
>
>     The  pertinent portion of the WinMySQLadmin report is below:
>OS Platform        : Windows 2000 Service Pack 3
>Machine description:
>Compiler           : VC++ 6.0
>Architecture       : i686
>Total Memory       : 2097151 KB RAM
>

>      What do I need to do to let MySql know the computers have
>more then 2gig of Ram ?
>
>     The server properties window reports 4 gig of ram, as does Task
>Manager. My current database is about 3.5gig in size. I was hoping
>to let MySql have access to more memory for the index buffering.
>
>Thanks
>Steff

For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/
Are you MySQL certified?, http://www.mysql.com/certification/
    __  ___     ___ ____  __
   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Miguel Angel Solórzano <miguel@stripped>
  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   São Paulo - Brazil
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/
        <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Steff14 May
  • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?David Griffiths15 May
  • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?miguel solorzano15 May
    • MySql licenseElkin Fernando Ortiz15 May
      • Re: MySql licensePaul DuBois15 May
    • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Steff15 May
      • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?miguel sol√≥rzano15 May
      • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Dan Nelson15 May
    • Connections: was MySql licenseJames15 May
  • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Becoming Digital15 May
Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Heikki Tuuri15 May
  • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Jeremy Zawodny15 May
Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Heikki Tuuri15 May