List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:gerald_clark Date:May 14 2003 1:29pm
Subject:Re: how to automatically run a script some time after a record is created
View as plain text
This is not a MySQL question.
I suggest you go to a mailing list for your operating system.
With Linux, we use chron.
Windows has a schedulers available also.
I have no idea what you are running. You should check your OS manuals.

Thuha Kortesmaki wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Could somebody please tell me how to run a Perl script automatically some time after a
> record is created? The context is that once a request is added to the database, we wait a
> week for the people who're responsible to reply and send an email with the reply back to
> the customer. How should I go about automating this?
>
>Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Thread
how to automatically run a script some time after a record is createdThuha Kortesmaki14 May
  • Re: how to automatically run a script some time after a record is createdFred van Engen14 May
  • Re: how to automatically run a script some time after a record is createdDan Nelson14 May
  • Re: how to automatically run a script some time after a record is createdgerald_clark14 May
  • Re: how to automatically run a script some time after a record is createdGerald R. Jensen15 May
    • Re: how to automatically run a script some time after a record is createdJames Moe15 May
RE: how to automatically run a script some time after a record is createdBruce W. Marriner14 May