List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steff Date:May 12 2003 2:55am
Subject:does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?
View as plain text
Hello,
    I have two windows 2k machines with 4 gig of ram each. On one
machine I have MySql 3.23.54-max-nt-log on the other I have
4.0.12-nt-log  in both cases I am running INNODB.

    Any time I try and set the innodb_buffer_pool_size greater then
1600M I get an error. Based in the information in the error log it
appears the MySql does not think I have enough memory in the
machines.

    The  pertinent portion of the WinMySQLadmin report is below:
OS Platform        : Windows 2000 Service Pack 3
Machine description:
Compiler           : VC++ 6.0
Architecture       : i686
Total Memory       : 2097151 KB RAM

     What do I need to do to let MySql know the computers have
more then 2gig of Ram ?

    The server properties window reports 4 gig of ram, as does Task
Manager. My current database is about 3.5gig in size. I was hoping
to let MySql have access to more memory for the index buffering.

Thanks
Steff

--
Steff McGonagle
Envisage Information Systems, Inc.

Phone (315) 497-9202 x16
www.EnvisageSystems.com
www.Enveritus.com

Thread
does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Steff14 May
  • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?David Griffiths15 May
  • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?miguel solorzano15 May
    • MySql licenseElkin Fernando Ortiz15 May
      • Re: MySql licensePaul DuBois15 May
    • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Steff15 May
      • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?miguel sol√≥rzano15 May
      • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Dan Nelson15 May
    • Connections: was MySql licenseJames15 May
  • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Becoming Digital15 May
Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Heikki Tuuri15 May
  • Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Jeremy Zawodny15 May
Re: does a 2gig memory limitation exist on the win2k MySQL-Max 4.x build?Heikki Tuuri15 May