List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 22 1999 5:58pm
Subject:Re: MyODBC compilation
View as plain text
>>>>> "Steve" == Steve Freitas <sflist@stripped> writes:

Steve> Quick update for you: Now that everything has compiled out okay, I did
Steve> get it working with iHTML, but there are a few snags, I think they're
Steve> grant table issues. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

Steve> I have a question in the interim: What is to prevent a person from
Steve> compiling a single copy of MyODBC and then using that binary on a bunch
Steve> of systems? I assume, since no i386 binary is provided by your site, that
Steve> there are dependency issues. Can you provide me with a list of the MyODBC
Steve> driver binary's dependencies so I know how to deploy it without having to
Steve> go through the trouble of compiling it on a bunch of machines?

If your systems are essentially the same you only need the
libymyodbc*so  and the libmysqlclient*so files

Steve> And is there an environmental variable I can pass to odbctest to tell it
Steve> to use an odbc.ini file in a particular place? (I checked Openlink's
Steve> site, but couldn't find a thing.)

When compile libiodbc, you can use the flag: --with-odbc-inidir to set
a system wide odbc.ini file.  (Check the libiodbc README)

Steve> And, when doing a MyODBC compilation, is it necessary for the paths used
Steve> in the MySQL source config to match the ones actually used by the running
Steve> MySQL installation? The reason I ask is that it'd be a small pain to go
Steve> through and set all the source paths to mirror the RPM's paths if that's
Steve> what I'm going to be using at the end.

Sorry, yes

The reason for this is that myodbc uses some common headers from the
MySQL distribution and these must be the same between MyODBC and MySQL.

I shall look into removing this dependency in the future!

Steve> Thanks for all your help!

Steve> Steve Freitas
Steve> Newport Beach, California

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius18 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationChristopher R. Jones18 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas19 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius19 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas19 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius19 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas20 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius20 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas21 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius21 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas22 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas22 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius22 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas23 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationMichael Widenius23 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas23 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas25 Sep
Re: MyODBC compilationSteve Freitas26 Sep