List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred van Engen Date:May 14 2003 6:28am
Subject:Re: how to automatically run a script some time after a record is created
View as plain text
On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 04:40:41PM -0600, Thuha Kortesmaki wrote:
> Could somebody please tell me how to run a Perl script automatically some time after
> a record is created? The context is that once a request is added to the database, we wait
> a week for the people who're responsible to reply and send an email with the reply back to
> the customer. How should I go about automating this?

Run a cron job every day (or a few times a day) and check the creation
date of all records. Use an index to get some speed. I guess it doesn't
have to be exactly one week after the creation date (exact to the minute
that is).

Regards,

Fred.

--
Fred van Engen                              XB Networks B.V.
email: fred.van.engen@stripped                Televisieweg 2