List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Greg Patterson Date:September 22 1999 7:13pm
Subject:Re: Foxpro dbf files ot mysql
View as plain text
On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Brian M Dial wrote:

> I'm working on importing some data from foxpro into mysql.  I can export
> tables as dbf files but it's my understanding that dbase uses .dbf as
> their extension too.  I downloaded a dbf2mysql utility but it complains
> about not being able to open the xBase file when I pass it the .dbf I
> exported out of Foxpro.  Is dbf2mysql only for dbase files?  if so, has
> anyone else had success converting foxpro dbf files ot mysql?

From FoxPro, you can export DBF files into plain text files using
the COPY TO file.txt TYPE DELIMITED or TYPE SDF. You should be then
able to work this into mysqlimport using the --fields...blahblah
arguments.

|    Greg Patterson      | EMAIL: gomer@stripped        |
|                        |        gomer@stripped              |
| Linux: The choice of a | IRC:   xed (Irc.OpenProjects.Net)   |
| GNU generation!        | WWW:   http://www.linuxhelp.org/    |

Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlBrian M Dial22 Sep
  • RE: Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlElaine Mills22 Sep
    • Re: Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlBrian M Dial23 Sep
      • Re: Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlBob Kline23 Sep
  • Re: Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlGreg Patterson22 Sep
    • Re: Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlMr. Christopher F. Miller22 Sep
Re: Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlChristopher R. Jones23 Sep
Re: Foxpro dbf files ot mysqlAnne Schoolcraft23 Sep