List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Benjamin Scherrey Date:April 4 1999 7:41am
Subject:Re: IDEA: table cloning
View as plain text
Please tell me that this is a prelude to MySQL supporting logical views!

    regards,

        Ben Scherrey

Michael Widenius wrote:

> indrek> Hey,
> indrek> sorry, if i haven't found the thing i'm proposing in the manual,
> indrek> but a really neat thing that would help me a lot would be creating
> indrek> a table that has exactly the same structure as some other table.
> indrek> for example: CREATE TABLE table2 LIKE table1, that would create
> indrek> table table2 with exactly the same structure/keys as table1.
>
> We already have this on the TODO with a quite high priority:
>
> The syntax will be:
>
> CREATE TABLE table_name SELECT ... FROM ....
>
> All columns in 'table_name' will have the same types as the selected:
> columns!

Thread
IDEA: table cloningindrek siitan4 Apr
  • Re: IDEA: table cloningThimble Smith4 Apr
  • IDEA: table cloningMichael Widenius4 Apr
  • Re: IDEA: table cloningBenjamin Scherrey4 Apr
    • Re: IDEA: table cloningMichael Widenius4 Apr
  • Re: IDEA: table cloningVivek Khera5 Apr