List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:colbey Date:May 12 2003 3:45am
Subject:Re: manipulating myqsl database from javascript function....
View as plain text
you can't directly interface js with mysql of course.. it's a client side
language.. but you could have js form and redirect a to a url (php script)
with HTTP GET parameters and from that data, dump it into the database...

would be very simple to get going..

On Sun, 11 May 2003, Bruce Douglas wrote:

> Hey...
>
> ARGGGHHH!! How do i interface with a mysql database from javascript?? I can
> do it with perl/php/asp.. with no probs... but how do i have a jscript
> function that allows me to insert/update a simple table..
>
> Baically.. I'd like something like the following...
>
> <jscript>
> function foo(ndx)
> {
> 	query = "insert foo into table tmp"
> 	do_query(query)
>
> }
> </jscript>
>
> were the tmp table would now have value foo in the tbl...
>
> Thanks
>
> Bruce

making a mysql scriptKurt8 May
  • RE: making a mysql scriptBruce Douglas8 May
  • RE: making a mysql scriptRoger Davis8 May
  • Re: making a mysql scriptSam A. Funk11 May
    • manipulating myqsl database from javascript function....Bruce Douglas12 May
      • Re: manipulating myqsl database from javascript function....Greg Donald12 May
        • Re: manipulating myqsl database from javascript function....Rene van de Weerd14 May
      • Re: manipulating myqsl database from javascript function....colbey12 May
        • RE: manipulating myqsl database from javascript function....Daevid Vincent14 May
RE: making a mysql scriptDave Christensen9 May