List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sam A. Funk Date:May 8 2003 11:26pm
Subject:Re: making a mysql script
View as plain text
Kurt,

You can name the file whatever you want, with whatever extension you want.

To run the file from within mysql:

MYSQL> source filename

Hope that helps,

Sam

>Shoot me now. In Oracle you can write an SQL procedure, in notepad
>for example, to create a table. You can then save this file in case
>you need to recreate the table later. The problem I am having is the
>naming of the file format and what command to use to run the file
>from the MySQL command prompt.
>
>In Oracle you type
>
>SQL> @filename.sql
>
>What do I name the file?
>How to I run the file?
>
>Thanks
>
>Kurt
>

>--

|Sam A. Funk       http://www.samafunk.com          sfunk@stripped|
|Wichita, KS     Guitarist (self-proclaimed)    Macintosh Fanatic|
|Kansas Bluegrass Association    http://www.kansasbluegrass.org/ |
making a mysql scriptKurt8 May
  • RE: making a mysql scriptBruce Douglas8 May
  • RE: making a mysql scriptRoger Davis8 May
  • Re: making a mysql scriptSam A. Funk11 May
    • manipulating myqsl database from javascript function....Bruce Douglas12 May
      • Re: manipulating myqsl database from javascript function....Greg Donald12 May
        • Re: manipulating myqsl database from javascript function....Rene van de Weerd14 May
      • Re: manipulating myqsl database from javascript function....colbey12 May
        • RE: manipulating myqsl database from javascript function....Daevid Vincent14 May
RE: making a mysql scriptDave Christensen9 May